Email has become part and parcel of our modern day to day life. From having a conversation with your closest relative to sending an important documentation to a client, email eases our way of communication in so many ways. And from a free email service provider point of view, Gmail has been revolutionary.
Also Read: How to Add Signature to Gmail Mail
We have to go through lots of emails every day. It can be a hazard if we don’t maintain or manage the emails. Apart from the important ones we get a lot of mails that are unnecessary and useless. There’s the email from spammers, personal ads and even from stalkers that we want to get rid of. Gmail allows a very simple way to get rid of all these junks. So without wasting any more time, here’s how an email address can be blocked from gmail:
List of Contents
Blocking an Email address in Gmail web:
- Sign in to your gmail account.
- Once you’re logged in go to the preferred email that you want to block.
- On the upper right corner of the email on the same horizontal plane as the sender’s name you will find a drop down button as it is shown in the image below.
- Click on the drop down button and choose [Block “sender’s name”] from the menu.
Then click “Block” again if you indeed want to block this email address on gmail.
You’ve successfully blocked this particular email address from your gmail account.
Blocking an Email address in Gmail app on Android:
1. Go to the gmail app from your android device.
2. Go to the mail that you intend to block.
3. Click on the three dot menu button on the upper right corner of your mobile screen.
4. Click on [Block”sender’s name”] from the menu.
Congratulations you have successfully blocked the preferred email address!!
Thank you for bearing up with me. Hope this article gave you a clear cut information on how to block an email address in Gmail.
If you have any questions to ask please comment below. Adios!